John & Sophie Choratch Scholarship Fund
John & Sophie Choratch Scholarship Fund for Washington County Graduating Seniors
Scholarships will be valued at a minimum of $1,000.
- Applicants must be children of Washington County families pursuing post-secondary education and whose parents or guardians are employed or volunteer as first responders (i.e., fire, emergency/rescue, police). Special preference will be given to those students whose parent or guardian has been killed in the line of duty, or who have otherwise been affected by local tragedy.
- Applicant must provide a letter from employer of first responder to verify employment status. If parent is a volunteer, letter should be provided from the volunteer organization.
- Applicant must demonstrate ability to complete chosen post-secondary course of study.
- Applicant must be planning to attend, or currently be attending, a post-secondary trade school, college or university. There is no requirement as to location of school or the field of study.
- Applicant must provide high school or college transcript.
- Applicant must provide an ACT or SAT test score (official or unofficial).
- Applicant must provide a copy of the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) student aid report. (Only four-year school applicants)
- Applicant must provide an essay of no more than 500 words regarding past accomplishments and future goals including community service activities. (Only four-year school applicants)
- Applicant must provide two letters of recommendation (no relatives please). (Only four-year school applicants)
- Applicant must complete the online application as provided and mail the application receipt along with hard copies of all required documentation to the WCCF.
Complete application must be received by the Foundation by April 1.
Scholarship will be awarded in the spring.