Olivia Scott Scholarship Fund
Olivia Scott Scholarship Fund for Washington County Graduating Seniors
Scholarships are normally valued at a minimum of $1,000 per year.
- Applicant must be a graduating senior of any Washington County high school. One $1,000 scholarship will be awarded to a graduating senior from McGuffey High School. A second $1,000 scholarship will be awarded to a student from any other high school in Washington County. Students selected to receive a scholarship as a graduating senior may be eligible for up to three subsequent-year scholarships provided they continue to meet these criteria.
- Applicant must demonstrate ability to complete chosen post-secondary course of study.
- Applicant must demonstrate ability to work with others to achieve a common goal.
- Applicant must be planning to attend a post-secondary trade school, college or university for the fall after graduation. There is no requirement as to the location of the school or the field of study.
- Applicant must provide high school transcript.
- Applicant must provide an ACT or SAT test score (official or unofficial), if it is not included on the applicant's transcript.*
- Applicant must provide a copy of the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) student aid report which will be used to determine financial need.
- Applicant must provide an essay of no more than 500 words regarding past accomplishments and future goals.
- Applicant may provide two letters of recommendation (no relatives please).
- Applicant must complete the online application as provided and mail the application confirmation along with one hard copy of all required documentation to the WCCF.
Complete application must be received by the Foundation by April 1.
Scholarship will be awarded in the spring.
Questions regarding post-secondary scholarships or the application process should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Provided test was taken during pandemic year.