Sam & Bev Minor Fund
Sam & Bev Minor
Sam & Bev Minor Fund for Washington County or Greene County Graduating Seniors
A $1,000 scholarship will be awarded
- Applicant must be a graduating senior of a Washington County or Greene County high school. Preference shall be given to those students who have demonstrated the entrepreneurial spirit, including but not limited to students who have been employed while attending high school, or students who have participated in a Junior Achievement Program, or students who have otherwise demonstrated a propensity for entrepreneurism.
- Applicant must demonstrate ability to complete chosen post-secondary course of study.
- Applicant must be planning to attend an accredited post-secondary educational facility, including colleges, universities, technical schools, trade schools, certificate programs, or other post-secondary institutions of higher learning, as approved by the Foundation Board of Trustees. There is no requirement as to the post-secondary educational facility or to the field of study.
- Applicant must provide high school transcript.
- Applicant must provide an ACT or SAT test score (official or unofficial).
- Applicant must provide a copy of the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) student aid report which will be used to determine financial need.
- Applicant must provide an essay of no more than 500 words regarding past accomplishments and future goals.
- Applicant must provide two letters of recommendation (no relatives please).
- Applicant must complete the online application as provided and mail the application receipt along with hard copies of all required documentation to the WCCF.
Complete application must be received by the Foundation by April 1.
Scholarship will be awarded in the spring.