Washington County Gay Straight Alliance Scholarship Fund
Washington County Gay Straight Alliance Scholarship Fund for Graduating Seniors and Young Adults Up Through Age 21 from Washington County
Two scholarships of up to $4,000 are awarded each year, payable at $1,000 per year, provided recipient continues to remain enrolled in the post-secondary institution and maintains satisfactory academic progress.
The scholarship amount awarded is subject to the length of time remaining for completion of the degree or certification.
- Applicant must be a graduating senior of any Washington County high school, a nontraditional graduating senior living in Washington County, or a Washington County young adult up through age 21 who has completed high school requirements. Applicant may already be attending a post-secondary institution.
- Applicant must provide an essay of 500-700 words regarding ways that they have advocated for the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Transsexual, Questioning, Queer, Asexual, and Allied (LGBTQA) community, why they feel it is important to do so, and how they intend to advocate for this community in the future.
- Applicant must demonstrate ability to complete chosen post-secondary course of study.
- Applicant must be planning to attend a post-secondary trade school, college or university. There is no requirement as to the location of the school or the field of study.
- Applicant must provide high school transcript or its equivalent.
- Applicant must provide an ACT or SAT test score (official or unofficial) if it is not included on the applicant's transcript* and is required by the post-secondary institution.
- Applicant must provide a copy of the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) student aid report.
- Applicant may provide two letters of recommendation (no relatives please).
- Applicant must complete the online application as provided and mail the application confirmation along with one hard copy of all required documentation to the WCCF.
- Scholarship recipients will be provided an opportunity to accept or decline the release of their names regarding any publicity for the scholarships.
Complete application must be received by the Foundation by April 1.
Scholarship will be awarded in the spring.
Questions regarding post-secondary scholarships or the application process should be directed to email@example.com.
*Provided test was taken during pandemic year.