William L. & Barbara M. Laird Fund
William & Barbara Laird
William L. & Barbara M. Laird Fund for McGuffey High School Graduating Seniors
A $1,000 scholarship will be awarded.
- Applicant must be a graduating senior from McGuffey High School. Students residing within the boundaries of the McGuffey School District who were home-schooled, attended cyber school, or attended any alternative high school shall not be eligible.
- Applicant must demonstrate ability to complete chosen post-secondary course of study.
- Applicant must be planning to attend a post-secondary college or university to major in elementary education.
- Applicant must provide high school transcript.
- Applicant must provide an ACT or SAT test score (official or unofficial).
- Applicant must provide a copy of the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) student aid report.
- Applicant must provide an essay of no more than 500 words regarding past accomplishments and future goals.
- Applicant must provide two letters of recommendation (no relatives please).
- Applicant must complete the online application as provided and mail the application receipt along with hard copies of all required documentation to the WCCF.
Complete application must be received by the Foundation by April 1.
Scholarship will be awarded in the spring.