American National Red Cross
The American National Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Programs and Services
- The American Red Cross provides relief to victims of disaster and helps people prevent, prepare for and respond to emergencies.Today, Red Cross Disaster Services responds to an average of nearly 64,000 disasters every year – from a home fire affecting a single household to large emergencies affecting an entire community or region of the country. Red Cross workers provide shelter, food, financial assistance, relief supplies and a shoulder to lean on.
- Through its worldwide network, the American Red Cross Service to the Armed Forces provides 24-hour support to members of the military, veterans and their families – in war zones, military hospitals and on military installations around the world.Today people turn to Red Cross Preparedness and Health and Safety Services to learn lifesaving skills. Each year, more than 5.9 million people receive Red Cross training and information in first aid, water safety and other skills that help save lives.
- The American Red Cross helps millions of people in their battle back to good health every year through its Blood Services program. Last year the American Red Cross collected approximately 4.8 million units of blood from roughly 2.8 million volunteer donors. These donations were then processed into nearly 7 million blood products for transfusion to meet the needs of patients at approximately 2,600 hospitals across the country.
- The American Red Cross,through its International Services, is one of 190 Red Cross and Red Crescent societies around the world that help millions of people outside the U.S. each year through disaster management and disease prevention activities. The global Red Cross and Red Crescent network responds to disasters and helps countries build resiliency to future disasters, helps families search for loved ones missing as a result of war,and responses to and helps prevent global humanitarian crises.
- Nearly 314,000 volunteers serve the American Red Cross, helping staff blood drives, volunteering at veterans’ hospitals, teaching people lifesaving skills such as First Aid and CPR, responding to home fires in the middle of the night and so much more. Volunteers enable the Red Cross to respond to an average of nearly 64,000 disasters every year. In Washington County our team of 137 dedicated volunteers deliver the Red Cross services to your neighbors providing hope and comfort.
Primary Revenue Sources
Corporate, Foundation, Individual and United Way Contributions
Primary Fundraising Event
Red Cross Ball
|Federal Tax ID||53-0196605|
This website contains an organizational snapshot, as well as links and contact information, for each of our participating charities. We have also included the tax identification number for each charity so Donors wishing to review more detailed financial and governance information may access the Form 990 for that charity via www.charitynavigator.org.