The CARE Center
The SPHS CARE Center, building on more than 45 years of experience, provides a unique continuum of quality, recovery based, trauma informed, integrated services including education, intervention, and management, treatment, aftercare, and referrals to individuals and their families.
Programs and Services
- The CARE Center encompasses several programs that strive to provide hope, empowerment, and improved quality of life to those we serve. CARE serves individuals regardless of age, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation or identity, religion, disability, or economic status. Our services focus on those with substance abuse and/or mental health issues, and survivors of sexual violence.
- The STTARS Program works toward building a community that honors the rights and dignity of sexual violence survivors, encourages diversity, works together in seeking justice for those affected by violent crimes, and promotes education with the goal of ending sexual violence. Services include counseling, legal and medical advocacy, prevention programming and a 24 hour hotline.
- CARE's Behavioral Health Crisis Services is a telephone, walk-in, and mobile crisis service that responds round the clock to those experiencing mental health crisis including suicidal thoughts, self-injury, depression, or aggression, or anxiety. The Crisis team assesses the level of risk, provides support by phone, and may activate a mobile crisis worker directly to the person in crisis to provide intervention.
- The Center of Excellence helps to ensure that those with opioid-related substance abuse are connected to treatment and continue to receive follow up care and support within the community. Trained CARE Navigators promote recovery by assisting clients to find stable housing, employment, and reestablish family and community relationships.
- The CARE Center outpatient services provides comprehensive and holistic care to those with substance abuse and behavioral health issues including individual, group, and family services, medication management, and psychiatric evaluations. Assertive Community Treatment is available for those with serious and chronic mental health issues to assist clients with maintaining a quality standard of living and connectedness in the community.
Primary Revenue Sources
Program service fees, private insurance, federal, state, and local grants
Primary Fundraising Event
The CARE Center does not have an annual fundraising event, but does accept donations and participates in various small fundraising activities throughout the year.
|Federal Tax ID||52-1034193|
|Title:||Outreach & Development Coordinator|
|Address:||75 E. Maiden St.|
Washington, PA 15301
This website contains an organizational snapshot, as well as links and contact information, for each of our participating charities. We have also included the tax identification number for each charity so Donors wishing to review more detailed financial and governance information may access the Form 990 for that charity via www.charitynavigator.org.