- Home »
- Charity Search »
- Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Pittsburgh "Washington County Outreach"
Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Pittsburgh "Washington County Outreach"
Catholic Charities is the primary social service agency of the Diocese of Pittsburgh, serving all regardless of religious affiliation, at their time of great need.
Programs and Services
- COUNSELING: We offer accessible, low-cost, high-quality counseling for families, couples and individuals who otherwise might not be able to receive services. Experienced licensed therapists are available to meet in person or via tele-therapy. Also provide free-of-charge classroom program for children in elementary school to learn coping skills for emotional upheavals, loss and challenges. Mental and emotional health needs have increased substantially as COVID-related crises continue developing.
- PREGNANCY & PARENTING: We support struggling parents, regardless of ﬁnancial status, with free conﬁdential assistance including life-aﬃrming counseling, pregnancy to toddler parenting education and tangible childcare items (diapers, baby equipment, clothing, etc.). Provide hope through teaching normalized parenting skills and help families to establish healthy patterns of behavior. Assist clients to identify current needs for immediate relief and develop plans for future goals and challenges.
- Basic Needs Assistance: Our flagship program, assist individuals and families meet the most basic of needs (food, clothing, rent, utility assistance, transportation, etc.) serving residents in southwestern PA living within 200% of the Federal Poverty Guideline. Serve the most vulnerable among us including those experiencing domestic violence, high-risk homelessness, seniors, women in a crisis pregnancy situation and those who need relief after a disaster (such as this COVID-19 pandemic).
- Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Pittsburgh is the support for southwestern Pennsylvania when families and individuals face their greatest challenges. We provide solutions and build stability. Services provided by our organization in addition to those above in Washington County include Housing and Homelessness, Senior Care, Case Management and Free Health Care in Allegheny, Beaver, Butler, Greene, and Lawrence counties.
Primary Revenue Sources
Government contracts and programs, individual donations and bequests, In-kind donations, special events income
Primary Fundraising Event
Hope for Home Virtual Event (virtual due to COVID-19 pandemic).
|Federal Tax ID|| 25-1326213|
|Title:||Program Director - Washington County Office|
|Address:||212 Ninth St.|
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
This website contains an organizational snapshot, as well as links and contact information, for each of our participating charities. We have also included the tax identification number for each charity so Donors wishing to review more detailed financial and governance information may access the Form 990 for that charity via www.charitynavigator.org.