Charleroi Area Public Library
The mission of the Charleroi Area Public Library is to encourage lifelong learning and to provide public access to written, recorded, and electronic resources. The use of the library and its quality programs empowers the community by developing a world of words to teach and inspire.
Programs and Services
- General Services - The Charleroi Area Public Library is filled with information and enjoyment for all ages! At the library, one will find BOOKS (regular and large print), CDs, DVDs, Audio Books, Electronic Books, as well as periodicals and magazines ALL on loan free with a WAGGIN Library Card. Through the WAGGIN program 850,000 items of inventory may be accessed from other libraries. Library Cards are FREE of charge!
- The library provides laptops for public use, free of charge. Accessing our WiFi is free inside the library and while enjoying the patio or garden area. Copying, printing, and faxing services are provided for a small fee.
- Programming has been altered due to the pandemic but is continuing to return to normal. Summer Reading, encompassing an Ocean theme, will enlighten children, followed by a finale at Mingo Park. During the course of the year an Adult 'Mystery' Book Club, Children's Storytime, and Veteran's Written Memoirs are occurring. At any time, be on the lookout... other programs are developing!
- Embracing our COMMUNITY! *The library has a downstairs room perfect and available for business meetings, social clubs, parties, and community groups. FUN! *The library has a large outdoor patio for gatherings and events. *The library has a garden area; perfect to read a book or just sit quietly and reflect. Come to the library. It is a wonderful place to be!!
- The Library Board members, in 2020, officially rebranded the JOHN K. TENER LIBRARY as the CHARLEROI AREA PUBLIC LIBRARY. Through the goodwill of the municipalities, school district, local business, and many gracious individuals during the WCCF Day of Giving and the annual mailer, the library continues to grow and thrive as it kindles the light of wonder in the hearts of children, leads the jobless to hopefulness, gives older adults a safe place to read, and for all the use of technology.
Primary Revenue Sources
State and County Funding
Primary Fundraising Event
Annual Board Mailer
|Federal Tax ID||23-7420563|
|Title:||President, Board of Directors|
|Address:||638 Fallowfield Ave.|
Charleroi, PA 15022
This website contains an organizational snapshot, as well as links and contact information, for each of our participating charities. We have also included the tax identification number for each charity so Donors wishing to review more detailed financial and governance information may access the Form 990 for that charity via irs.gov.