Frank Sarris Public Library
Operation and maintenance of a public library for the residents of the Borough of Canonsburg, Township of Cecil, and Township of North Strabane.
Programs and Services
- Due to the suspension of most of our in-person programming, FSPL staff converted most of our children’s programs to digital content that is uploaded to our YouTube channel and Facebook page. Since June 2020, we have six online series: Bedtime Story, Escuelita, Mundo Mondays, Pre-K Discovery, Little Picassos, and Wiggles and Giggles. Viewership for some of our 230 videos has exceeded 1,000 views. On June 15, 2021, we will begin hosting a weekly limited in-person story time at the library.
- Our library has worked to include both online and limited in-person programming for adults during the COVID-19 pandemic. Our FSPL Book Club met monthly to discuss various books. In March 2021, we hosted a concert via Zoom to celebrate spring with our featured guest, LindiMoo. We also welcomed a limited number for a macrame class in May 2021. There will be an adult summer reading club from June till August. We are also planning to hold our 2nd annual FanFest during the first weekend in October.
- The library has served as a hub for community outreach. During tax season, we offered access to federal and state tax forms. In June 2020, we were able to expand our free Wi-Fi to include our 75-space parking lot. It allowed those patrons without Internet access to utilize our free Wi-Fi from their personal electronic devices. This summer, We offer 6-weeks of summer reading camp for school-aged children at the Cecil Park. We also offer other weekly children events at the park as well.
- Our library’s online resources include Universal Class, where students can enroll in over 500 online community courses taught by real instructors. We also have an e-reading service, Libby, as well as Kanopy, a movie streaming service. Our newest addition, LibraryPass ComicsPlus, offers access to over 20,000 digital comics, graphic novels, and manga. Titles are available for children as well as adults.
- During the COVID-19 pandemic, individuals without an existing WAGGIN library account have the opportunity to sign up for a virtual library card which gave access to our online resources. Since March 2020, our library has issued 256 virtual library cards. Starting in June 2020, we also offered patrons curbside service. Staff members check out requested item(s) onto a patron's account and then bring the item(s) to the patron's vehicle. We still offer curbside service upon request.
Primary Revenue Sources
Governing bodies support, state aid and private donations
Primary Fundraising Event
Annual benefit luncheon
|Federal Tax ID||25-6011296|
This website contains an organizational snapshot, as well as links and contact information, for each of our participating charities. We have also included the tax identification number for each charity so Donors wishing to review more detailed financial and governance information may access the Form 990 for that charity via irs.gov.