Frank Sarris Public Library
Operation and maintenance of a public library for the residents of the Borough of Canonsburg, Township of Cecil, and Township of North Strabane.
Programs and Services
- At Frank Sarris Public Library (FSPL), our children’s programming is designed to provide and support literacy education from infancy to high school. Our outreach services are available to local daycares and area preschools, and FSPL often collaborates with the Canon-McMillan School District.
- Our preschool programs are very popular with young families. For example, Wiggles and Giggles, Little Picassos and More Than a Story. Wiggles and Giggles encourages toddlers to stretch, sing and dance, while learning new vocabulary. Little Picassos stimulates each child’s imagination and encourages their self-expression with hands-on art activities. More Than a Story allows kids to practice kindergarten readiness skills like listening during stories, making predictions and following directions.
- We are also excited to announce the creation of our newest initiative: Lego Club. Lego Club meets twice a month and is geared towards elementary school-aged children. This club encourages participants to show off their building skills. Legos are provided by the library and completed pieces are also displayed at our location.
- Whether stopping by to participate in a program or spending an afternoon out of the house, families can also enjoy our spacious outdoor area. Thanks to a generous grant from the Washington Community Community Foundation, we were able to construct this new outdoor learning center. Plans are already underway to develop outdoor family programs for summer 2022.
- Frank Sarris Public Library also offers programs for teens. High school students have the opportunity to engage in leadership training through our Teen Advisory Board (TAB). TAB members meet on a monthly basis to plan, organize and lead activities that benefit members of the Canonsburg community. To celebrate National Poetry Month, TAB sponsored their second annual Express Yourself Poetry Competition. TAB members are currently organizing a Field Day to be held at Canonsburg Park over the summer.
Primary Revenue Sources
Governmental bodies support, state and county aids and private donations.
Primary Fundraising Event
|Federal Tax ID||25-6011296|
This website contains an organizational snapshot, as well as links and contact information, for each of our participating charities. We have also included the tax identification number for each charity so Donors wishing to review more detailed financial and governance information may access the Form 990 for that charity via irs.gov.