Frank Sarris Public Library
Operation and maintenance of a public library for the residents of the Borough of Canonsburg, Township of Cecil, and Township of North Strabane.
Programs and Services
- Our children's programming is designed to provide and support literacy education from infancy to high school. Our signature programs include Wiggles and Giggles, Little Picasso, and Yoga Story Time. Families can also enjoy our spacious and well-equipped children's play area to encourage hands-on learning and imaginative play. Older children can enjoy Madcap Mondays and Super Science. Teens can take advantage of our Teen Advisory Board, Teen Writers' Club, and Teen Book Club.
- Our adult programming provides lifelong learning opportunities and entertainment. Our signature programs include Tai Chi and Fiction Book Club. Seasonal events include our Trivia Night of the Round Tables, Paint and Sip, and Bigfoot Fest. Our library also offers cultural events. Recently, Adam Miller, storyteller and folk singer, performed a free concert.
- The library serves as a hub for community engagement and outreach. In the past, we've allowed use of our meeting rooms for non-profit meetings, Chamber of Commerce events, and the Central Blood Bank's blood drive. In 2018, we partnered with Canon-McMillan School District to administer the South Central Elementary Summer Foods Program. This program provides a free lunch to children during the summer months. The move to the library essentially saved the day for the program.
- Our library's online resources include two e-reading services, Flipster and Libby, as well as Kanopy, a movie streaming service. We also have access to interlibrary loans. An item can be requested from a library outside WAGGIN using this method. We've also partnered with Driving-Tests.org to offer free Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) practice tests to library patrons. This program includes multiple car, motorcycle, and CDL practice tests; on-line driver's manuals; and a FAQ section.
- The library has been presenting weekly online children's programs since March and introduced an online Movie Club for adults. We also direct patrons to several digital resources. With Flipster, people enjoys issues of popular magazines. Libby offers e-books and audiobooks. Our latest service, Kanopy, offers free movie streaming access. For those interested in lifelong learning, there is Universal Class that comprises of 500 online courses taught by real teachers that are available 24/7.
Primary Revenue Sources
Governing bodies support, state aid and private donations
Primary Fundraising Event
Annual benefit luncheon
|Federal Tax ID||25-6011296|
This website contains an organizational snapshot, as well as links and contact information, for each of our participating charities. We have also included the tax identification number for each charity so Donors wishing to review more detailed financial and governance information may access the Form 990 for that charity via www.charitynavigator.org.