Greater Washington County Food Bank
To form lasting solutions to hunger insecurity through effective food distribution systems; to educate and empower the needy in seeking positive lifestyle changes; and, to create awareness through individual and community partnerships.
Programs and Services
- Food Bank: As the Food Bank for Washington County, PA, we distribute emergency food supplies to those in need through Truck to Trunk distributions sites. Prior to Covid-19 most of our distributions were through pantries across the county. Today they are through contactless pick-up at 10 different sites. In addition we coordinate SNAP benefit outreach for the county.
- Healthy Habits Training Center: We have a literal school,on-site and on-line, through which we provide cooking classes and other training to help people eat healthier.
- The Farm: Our campus is a literal farm, with our first real crops being readies to harvest in 2020. The Farm operates as a center for agricultural education in Washington County and the produce and protein that we produce is intended for distribution back out to our clients and the community. We are also developing a Farmers Market on site and a food processing and preservation operation.
- The Country Thrift Market: A retail outlet that sells a number of goods from clothes and children's items to snacks and person hygiene needs. This market serves both a local and a county-wide need. The proceeds go back to providing food for those in need.
- Volunteer Center: We provide a place for individuals and groups to come and make a difference in their community. Volunteer opportunities include sorting, packing, and distributing food and opportunities around the Farm.
Primary Revenue Sources
individual donation, grants, reimbursement programs
Primary Fundraising Event
Clay Shoot and Taste of Washington have historically been our primary events
|Federal Tax ID||23-2939247|
This website contains an organizational snapshot, as well as links and contact information, for each of our participating charities. We have also included the tax identification number for each charity so Donors wishing to review more detailed financial and governance information may access the Form 990 for that charity via www.charitynavigator.org.