To improve the educational, academic, social and economic climate of the community, to become a safer, cleaner, more beautiful and prosperous place to live, work, worship and play.
Programs and Services
- In the past several years Highland Ridge Community Development Corp. has provided two main programs for the residents of the City of Washington: Mending Fences and Staying Green.
- Mending Fences provides free home repairs to low-income homeowners who are seniors, veterans, or have permanent physical disabilities. Other organizations offer most of the same services, so we now focus on Staying Green.
- Staying Green is a corps of volunteers who act as stewards of several local green spaces, including the HR Park adjacent to the HR Neighborhood Garden along Forrest Avenue. The park offers a treed green space for relaxation. The garden has rental plots for the community to grow fresh herbs, fruit and vegetables. These nature spots offer fresh air, relaxation and some rejuvenating exercise.
- For the last three years HRCDC has concentrated on their outdoor projects, with 34 newly-built raised garden beds reconfigured to 4' x 16' and eight 2' x 6' tabletop beds that are more easily cultivated by seniors and children. Local residents, summer campers from Lemoyne Community Center and a Girl Scout Troop will be learning gardening methods with us in June.
- Our yearly group of students and parents from Canevin H.S., will offer their labor to clean up and fix up, and join in the friendship that our gardens provide. We will reach out to other local schoolers, with hopes of sharing the benefits of Mother Nature.
- Highland Ridge CDC partners with other organizations that include our same goals, and through this cooperative spirit the City will become a safer, cleaner and more beautiful place to live.
Primary Revenue Sources
Fundraisisng, donations, garden plot rentals
Primary Fundraising Event
WCCF Gives Day
|Federal Tax ID
|Board Vice President
PO Box 4275
Washington, PA 15301
This website contains an organizational snapshot, as well as links and contact information, for each of our participating charities. We have also included the tax identification number for each charity so Donors wishing to review more detailed financial and governance information may access the Form 990 for that charity via irs.gov.