LeMoyne Community Center
The Lemoyne Community Center develops, shapes, defines, and stabilizes our community though education, arts, health, and recreational programs.
Programs and Services
- The LeMoyne Community Center, a non-profit, provides free education, health and recreational programs to the residents of Washington County. Our primary focus is our at-risk youth within our community. We provide each child the opportunity to increase their academic proficiency and personal enrichment.
- Programs such as Homework and More, American Girl, STEM and Camp Challenge serve hundreds of children throughout the year. During our 31-week Homework & More (afterschool) program, 8-week, Summer Camp and our 8-week, 12 site, Nutrafit Mobile Summer Feed program; we provide nutritional meals in accordance with the USDA Food and Nutrition Service guidelines. Overall, the LeMoyne Community Center continues to provide thousands of meals to children throughout Washington County in an effort to combat hunger.
- In addition, for Washington County residents, The Lemoyne Community Center hosts a Community Food Distribution in collaboration with the Greater Pittsburgh Food Bank, every 2nd Saturday of each month.
- Positive outcomes are achieved, and progress is continually evaluated through a number of factors, including the number of participants served daily and annually. We monitor the need within our community though the US Census Bureau and Department of Education. In collaboration with the Washington County School District and neighboring schools, teachers provide onsite, one-on-one tutoring. This partnership has provided a concrete metric to determine each child's progress, reduce hunger and permits us to enhance our educational and program offerings to the Community we serve.
- All of these programs and more are available to children, (K-12) and residents of Washington County at no cost.
Primary Revenue Sources
In Kind Donations, Corporate Grants, Corporate Foundations
Primary Fundraising Event
Camp Challenge Spring Fling
|Federal Tax ID||25-1215468|
This website contains an organizational snapshot, as well as links and contact information, for each of our participating charities. We have also included the tax identification number for each charity so Donors wishing to review more detailed financial and governance information may access the Form 990 for that charity via irs.gov.