Metro Pittsburgh Youth for Christ/Campus Life
YFC reaches young people everywhere, working together with the local church and other like-minded partners to raise up lifelong followers of Jesus who lead by their godliness in lifestyle, devotion to prayer and the Word of God, passion for sharing the love of Christ, and commitment to social involvement.
Programs and Services
- The Armory Youth Center (AYC) and Canonsburg Campus Life are two of our programs in Washington County. The Armory Youth Center reaches the entire community of Canonsburg and the Canon-Mac school district with various programs for the physical, spiritual, and intellectual development of youth and their families. All races, religions, genders, and socioeconomic groups are welcomed.
- Canonsburg Campus Life High School and Middle School ministries combine healthy relationships with creative programs to help young people make good choices, establish a solid foundation for life, and positively impact their schools. Canonsburg Middle School is held at the Armory Youth Center, and Canonsburg High School is held in the house at 216 Taylor Drive given to Youth for Christ by Jean Popp.
- Armory After School is a program for middle school students that provides enrichment activities for underserved students. Art programs, life skills, healthy cooking and nutrition, arts and crafts, robotics demonstrations, and sports skills are offered. Service projects that serve the community are included on a regular basis to help students learn to help others in a practical way.
- Other groups use the Armory Youth Center to serve Canonsburg and surrounding communities. They include basketball leagues, pickleball groups, fitness classes for all ages, Wrestling with Virtue, and the award-winning Robotics team. Local families rent the Armory for children's birthday parties.
- The Armory Youth Center Van (purchased with the help of a WCCF Grant) is used to help underserved, at-risk students get to and from the Armory and to other YFC sponsored activities safely. This especially benefits single parents in the community who work during the day and cannot provide transportation for their children.
Primary Revenue Sources
Individual Donations, Foundation Grants, Corporate Sponsors
Primary Fundraising Event
Golf Marathon, Comedy Cafe, Sweet Life Dessert Contest
|Federal Tax ID||25-1476054|
This website contains an organizational snapshot, as well as links and contact information, for each of our participating charities. We have also included the tax identification number for each charity so Donors wishing to review more detailed financial and governance information may access the Form 990 for that charity via www.charitynavigator.org.