Monongahela Area Library
To educate, enrich, and enhance the community
Programs and Services
- Basic Services - The Monongahela Area Library (MAL) supplies books, DVDs, Music CDs, Audio-books, Electronic Books (e-books), Electronic Audio-books (e-audio), and magazines/periodicals for free to all ages in the community with the WAGGIN library card. The WAGGIN system services all of Washington, Greene and Fayette counties. As a participant in the WAGGIN program, our patrons have access to over 850,000 items, and our collection can be shared with patrons of other area libraries.
- Electronic Services - We provide 8 public computers, where members of the community can get past the "digital divide" by using our high-speed internet access for free. Access to our WiFi is free. Printing, copying and faxes services are also available. Through the WAGGIN system, card holders have access to free databases, like Gale Courses, which are instructor-led educational courses, as well as, a service to download e-books and e-audio.
- Programs - We offer many fun and educational programs for all ages, from toddlers to senior citizens. Story Time, Teen Programs, Lego Club, Osmo Fun, Puzzle Club, Adult Coloring, Spice Club, Book Clubs, and many more.
- Community Center - We are a community center for our area. Our mission is to educate, enrich and enhance the community. People have been coming here for reading, leisure, and meeting others for 35 years. Our community room is available to all.
- Local History & Genealogy - Our LH & G Collection has over 800 volumes, including most of the books ever published about our local area, plus books specifically on genealogy, and some on related areas. We have an extensive microfilm collection, with almost all editions of the Monongahela Valley Republican (1851 – 1908), the Daily Republican(1881 – 1970), the Daily Herald (1970 – 1983) and The Bentleyville Courier (1976 –1982), and the city’s governmental minutes from the 1850s to the 1920's
Primary Revenue Sources
State, County, and Local Municipalities and Donations.
Primary Fundraising Event
|Federal Tax ID||25-1181467|
This website contains an organizational snapshot, as well as links and contact information, for each of our participating charities. We have also included the tax identification number for each charity so Donors wishing to review more detailed financial and governance information may access the Form 990 for that charity via irs.gov.