- Home »
- Charity Search »
- Pennsylvania State Animal Response Team “Washington County Animal Response Team”
Pennsylvania State Animal Response Team “Washington County Animal Response Team”
Provide equipment, supplies, planning and training to animal response teams in Pennsylvania to address the needs of domestic animals in large scale disasters. Washington County Animal Response Team is the response team for our county.
Programs and Services
- The Washington County Animal Response Team (WaCART) is the county animal response team for the Pennsylvania Animal Response Team (PASART). Our team was established in 2009 to provide emergency response capabilities for the animals in Washington County. We are activated through the County's Emergency Response Office to assist local fire departments, police departments, and the county humane officers in the event of emergencies involving animals. WaCART is a team entirely made up of volunteers.
- WaCART responds to animals stuck in precarious situations (examples include horses stuck in sink holes, barn stalls, loose on the highway, etc. WaCART responds to highway accidents involving animals where assistance is needed in rescue and temporary sheltering or management of the animals until others arrive to take charge of the animals. WaCART responds with the Red Cross when they open emergency shelters and manage the sheltering of animals during the emergency.
- WaCART has responded to 88 large animal emergency response calls since 2009. These calls have included horses stuck in barns, immobilized down a hillside, stuck in mud and ice, and trapped within a horse transport trailer. The team has also responded to 15 small animal emergency calls. This has included assisting the county's humane officer in the safe removal and sheltering of dogs from a puppy mill establishment.
- WaCART was donated a response vehicle and this vehicle was put into service in January 2021. This vehicle is equipped with all of the necessary equipment for single large animal responses. The specialized equipment allows team members to safely move horses (and other large farm animals) from dangerous situations such as hillsides and creek beds. This vehicle allows us to quickly respond in the event of an emergency.
- Donations to WaCART will allow the team to maintain the response vehicle and obtain new specialized equipment that can be maintained on the vehicle and assist with numerous emergency calls. In addition, donated funds will allow team members to attend specialized large animal response trainings. Our team is the most active large animal response team in the state and we will continue to serve the people and animals of Washington County with the upmost skill and professionalism.
Primary Revenue Sources
Donations and grants
Primary Fundraising Event
Safe Your Horse safety seminars, T-shirt sales, and donations
|Federal Tax ID||20-2042482|
This website contains an organizational snapshot, as well as links and contact information, for each of our participating charities. We have also included the tax identification number for each charity so Donors wishing to review more detailed financial and governance information may access the Form 990 for that charity via irs.gov.