Transitional Employment Consultants*
Transitional Employment Consultant's mission is to assist individuals with disabilities to become independent, productive members of the community by providing job readiness training and placement into competitive employment.
Programs and Services
- TEC Education Center: Our private academic school licensed by the PA Department of Education, TEC Education Center, provides a unique programming option for local school districts for a specialized group of students to grow and become successful. The program offers academics that are delivered in accordance with the student’s Individual Education Plan (IEP), transition skills, and work skills through volunteering in the community.
- Community-Based Vocational Instruction (CBVI) program: This program provides a variety of work experiences for students in the community. There are both full-day and half-day options for students that need to learn real-world work skills in a community setting. The benefits for the students include positive interactions with peers and employers, individual and team skill-building opportunities, and experience in gaining work skills in real-world work settings.
- Supported Employment Programs: TEC’s Supported Employment programs assist individuals with securing and retaining competitive employment.
- Supported Employment for Mental Health Consumers: TEC provides Mental Health (MH) Evidence-Based Practice (EBP) programs in Fayette and Washington Counties. The purpose of TEC’s MH EBP supported employment programs is to increase employment opportunities for individuals with behavioral health needs and to develop collaborative working relations with both community employers and organizations in Fayette and Washington Counties, Pennsylvania. TEC provides MH EPB supported employment according to the Pennsylvania Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration’s Evidence-Based Practice Toolkit Guidelines.
- OVR Funded Supported Employment Program: TEC’s Office of Vocational Rehabilitation-funded supported employment program provides service from all three of its geographic locations. Job finding and job support services take place primarily in Fayette and Washington Counties. The agency’s supported employment program’s primary purpose is to assist individuals with disabilities to acquire the skills necessary to secure and maintain employment in the community. This is achieved by providing Community-Based Work Assessments and/or Performance-Based Job Coaching. These services enhance the opportunity to secure and maintain competitive employment.
- Supported Employment for Adults with an Intellectual Disability: TEC’s Supported Employment Program for Individuals with intellectual disabilities is funded by PA Department of Human Services Waiver services. TEC works with the Community Living, PFDS, and Consolidated waivers. TEC provides two Supported Employment waiver services, Job Finding / Development, and Job Coaching and Support.
Primary Revenue Sources
Washington County Behavioral Health, Fayette County Behavioral Health, Office Of Vocational Rehabilitation, Local School Districts
Primary Fundraising Event
WCCF Gives Day
|Federal Tax ID||25-1457559|
This website contains an organizational snapshot, as well as links and contact information, for each of our participating charities. We have also included the tax identification number for each charity so Donors wishing to review more detailed financial and governance information may access the Form 990 for that charity via irs.gov.