Washington Christian Outreach
The Washington Christian Outreach provides assistance and services to the needy of our community.
Programs and Services
- WCO is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization. In our Soup Kitchen we serve a hot meal Monday-Friday, 9AM-1PM. We have an on site store where our recipients can shop for clothing, personal and household items for free. This is done thru daily donations that we receive and recycle back to the community. We offer emotional and spiritual support thru our pastoral and volunteer staff.
- WCO's building has remained closed during the pandemic. On April 20, we contracted with five area caterers to cook 125 meals each day Monday-Friday, and we are serving from our gate in the parking lot. After four weeks, we decided to also serve meals on Saturday. The recipients will receive two meals on Saturday for the weekend. We also give out drinks, bread, pastries and some personal care products as they come available.
- WCO fills and gives out Easter Baskets to the needy children. Before the new school year begins WCO gives out new school book bags filled with school supplies. WCO sponsors two schools (WEEP Elementary and Transformational Learning School) through the Blessings In A Back Pack Program. Each week we fill 775 bags with nutritious snacks so that the children will have healthy food to ear on the weekends. Any child receiving government subsidized breakfasts and lunches qualify for this program.
- WCO provides a New Coat & Shoe Voucher Program. Children can get either a new coat or a new pair of shoes each new school year. A Coat Voucher is $35 and a shoe voucher is $25.
- WCO provides a Thanksgiving meal for 100 needy people. For Christmas, WCO has a huge Toy Give Out for the needy children in our community. Needy families receive a Holiday Food Box filled with everything needed for a holiday meal plus a $20 meat voucher.
Primary Revenue Sources
Primary Fundraising Event
Labor Day 5K Race, Purse Auction
|Federal Tax ID||25-1550113|
This website contains an organizational snapshot, as well as links and contact information, for each of our participating charities. We have also included the tax identification number for each charity so Donors wishing to review more detailed financial and governance information may access the Form 990 for that charity via www.charitynavigator.org.