Washington Christian Outreach
Washington Christian Outreach provides assistance and services to the needy of our community.
Programs and Services
- Washington Christian Outreach (WCO) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. WCO is a community outreach serving the needy, unemployed and homeless people of Washington County. WCO is a soup kitchen that serves homemade hot meals including bread and pastries from area stores and restaurants Monday thru Friday from 9 AM to 1 PM with shopping on Monday, Tuesday and Friday for clothing, personal and household items all of this is free. WCO operates solely on monetary donations.
- WCO has area ministers that come on a daily basis to share the love of Jesus Christ with the recipients. We not only care about feeding the hungry we care about their souls. The ministers and the volunteer staff is there to talk, council and pray with the recipients if they have needs.
- WCO has several programs that provide the following: We fill Easter Baskets for children for Easter, Back To School Backpacks filled with school supplies, we feed 100 people on Thanksgiving, we provide a huge Toy Give Out for children at Christmas and we give out Christmas Food Boxes filled with every thing needed for a holiday meal plus a $20 gift certificate for meat.
- WCO has two fundraisers each year. In June we hold a Purse Auction and on Labor Day we hold a 5K Race. All proceeds help fund the WCO Soup Kitchen.
- WCO funds two schools, WEEP Elementary in the city of Washington and Transitional Learning School in Taylorstown, with nutritional snacks for the weekends through the Blessings In A Backpack Program. This is a national program that was started in Kentucky after reviewing a study showing that low income children tested lower in school than the average. The study showed that these children were food insufficient on the weekends. Through this program the children have greatly improved.
Primary Revenue Sources
Private Contributions from individuals, churches and businesses.
Primary Fundraising Event
Labor Day 5K Race, Purse Auction
|Federal Tax ID||25-1550113|
This website contains an organizational snapshot, as well as links and contact information, for each of our participating charities. We have also included the tax identification number for each charity so Donors wishing to review more detailed financial and governance information may access the Form 990 for that charity via www.charitynavigator.org.