Washington Community Theatre
Washington Community Theatre, Inc. is a non-sectarian, non-profit organization based in Washington County, Pennsylvania, dedicated to the purpose of stimulating and maintaining local interest and participation in the theatre arts. Our mission is dedicated to providing the opportunity for members of the community to participate in all aspects of the theatre and to presenting quality theatrical entertainment to our audiences.
Programs and Services
- Washington Community Theater (WCT) is a company of volunteer thespians that aims to provide our audience with a quality performance suitable for families to enjoy. WCT strives to involve community members in all aspects of the theatre, offering the chance for newcomers to learn new skills and encouraging individuals to share their best talents with others on and off stage.
- WCT's outreach to the community is vast. We service a population ranging from children to seniors in both membership and those who are entertained by our family friendly productions. Our productions are carefully selected in order to appeal to all demographics of our community and the quality of our programming is first rate. We produce three shows yearly that rival any Pittsburgh show in quality of design, costuming and production.
- Our three shows consist of a children's show, a summer show and a fall show. The venues of the children's show and fall show are smaller more intimate venues, as these shows feature a smaller cast and smaller audience. The summer show is our annual, big show, which has been produced at the Washington Park Pavilion for over 50 years. The cast is large and diverse and the audience is as well.
- WCT was forced to take a hiatus for two summers as a result of COVID. These years placed a financial burden on the organization much like many others. However, we have a group of dedicated, long standing members and participants who are determined to continue the half century long tradition of live theater provided by Washington Community Theater.
- This year's line up of shows proves to be attractive to participants and audiences alike. From June 22-24, WCT will bring "A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum" to the Washington Park Main Pavilion. The children's show will run July 28-31 and will feature the children of our community in "James and the Giant Peach"! Finally, the 2022 season will wrap up with "You're a Good Man Charlie Brown" in the fall from November 10-13.
Primary Revenue Sources
Sales of show tickets, Patron donations, Membership fees, Foundation grants
Primary Fundraising Event
50/50, Fundraisers, Sponsorships, Advertisers, Concessions, Raffles, T-shirt sales
|Federal Tax ID||25-1759890|
This website contains an organizational snapshot, as well as links and contact information, for each of our participating charities. We have also included the tax identification number for each charity so Donors wishing to review more detailed financial and governance information may access the Form 990 for that charity via irs.gov.