WOMEN of Southwestern PA, Inc.
Our mission is to support women by gathering socially, working on philanthropic projects, and networking with the hope that friendships based on trust and mutual respect will develop.
Programs and Services
- WOMEN's mission is to help less fortunate women and children in southwestern Pennsylvania. As part of that mission and in addition to our philanthropic event, money is disbursed from September through June throughout western Pennsylvania to help charities with emergency situations. Should you have a suggestion of a new potential recipient, please contact the Philanthropic Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- WOMEN of Southwestern PA, Inc. accepts grant applications in the spring for funding requests up to $2,500 from non-profit charitable and community organizations located in Allegheny, Fayette, Washington, Greene and Beaver counties. To qualify, the organization must have IRS 501(c)(3) status, only request monies for specific projects that have no federal or state funding, and benefit women and children.
- The WSWPA is an all-volunteer organization and the only non-profit, thus far, that participates in the annual Jefferson Awards by giving one of the finalists a $1,000 award.
- WOMEN has two meetings per month September through June. Our business meeting is the first Thursday of each month at St. Benedict the Abbott Church, 120 Abington Drive, McMurray, PA 15317, at 7 p.m. The social meeting is held on the third Thursday of each month at various locations beginning at 6 p.m. with cocktails, dinner, and a program. *Due to public health concerns, we currently meet and hold our socials online.
- WOMEN of Southwestern PA was awarded the Outstanding Philanthropy Organization award from the Association of Fundraising Professionals, Western PA for 2018. In 2020, WOMEN of SWPA was designated the recipient of the Human Rights Award from the Washington County Chapter of the NAACP.
Primary Revenue Sources
Symphony of Food fundraiser, donations, and membership dues
Primary Fundraising Event
Annual Symphony of Food fundraiser
|Federal Tax ID||55-0838870|
This website contains an organizational snapshot, as well as links and contact information, for each of our participating charities. We have also included the tax identification number for each charity so Donors wishing to review more detailed financial and governance information may access the Form 990 for that charity via www.charitynavigator.org.