The Mother’s Fund’s purpose is to support programs that benefit disadvantaged women and children in Washington County. The fund was created by the WCCF with contributions received from individuals in honor or in memory of their mothers and by a grant from the FISA Foundation.
Contributions to the Mother's Fund are accepted year-round in any amount.
For Mother's Day, you may wish to honor the special women in your life, Mother, Grandmother, Wife, Sister, Aunt, or Friend, by making a contribution to the Mother's Fund. A Mother's Day card, acknowledging your gift, will be sent to those you designate (minimum of $15 per card please). Memorial contributions are also accepted. All gifts will be included in a future edition of our newsletter, Legacy.
For Father's Day (or another special day) you may wish to purchase "Tom's Tie", named after Thomas P. Northrop, for being the only man "man enough" to serve on our Women of Philanthropy committee. Ties may be purchased at the WCCF office for $40 with proceeds benefiting the Mother's Fund.
A perfect year-round gift is a "Mother's Roses" print (print $50 - framed $100), a commissioned piece by local artist, Alice Burroughs. The "Mother's Roses" print adorned the front cover of the Foundation's first themed publication, "Nurturing Our Children, Our Families, Our Communities - Women's Work".
After a successful Women of Philanthropy Education and Development Campaign in 2007, named in honor of the Foundation's first female Chairman of the Board, Carlyn Belczyk, grants from the Mother's Fund increased from $1,000 to $10,000.
Recent Grants Awarded from the Mother's Fund:
- 2017 Storehouse for Teachers/The Education Partnership/Adopt-A-School Ringgold Elementary South - $10,000
- 2017 Dress for Success Pittsburgh/Washington County Medical Scrubs & Shoes - $2,500
- 2017 Washington Hospital Foundation/Adapted Swim Program for Children with Disabilities - $2,000
- 2017 Jameson's Army/Heart Pillows - $1,500
- 2016 Greater Washington County Food Bank/Country Thrift Market - $10,000
- 2016 CASA for Kids/CASA Reporting Data System - $3,000
- 2016 Washington Hospital Foundation/Washington School District ECHO Program - $2,000
- 2016 Metro Pittsburgh Youth for Christ, Campus Life/Canonsburg Armory Youth Mentoring Equine Therapy - $1,000
- 2015 Metro Pittsburgh Youth for Christ, Campus Life/Canonsburg
Armory Youth Center Tutoring and Mentoring Program Area Renovations -
- 2015 Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater Pittsburgh/Mentoring Matches for Washington County Youth - $3,000
- 2015 Washington Christian Outreach/Funds for Kids (School Supplies, Coats, & Shoes) - $3,000
- 2014 LeMoyne Community Center/Homework & More Program - $10,000
- 2014 Beverly's Birthdays/Birthday Parties & Treat Bags for Homeless Children in Washington County - $2,500
- 2014 Washington City Mission/Avis Arbor Pilot Child Care Program - $2,500
- 2013 Habitat for Humanity/Construction of Two Homes for Single Mothers - $10,000
- 2013 Intermediate Unit 1/Charleroi Elementary After-school Program Transportation - $2,500
- 2013 Lemoyne Community Center/Camp Challenge - $1,000
- 2013 Washington-Greene County Blind Association/Children's Vision Program - $1,000
- 2013 Washington Hospital Foundation/Teen Outreach - $1,000
- 2012 Try-Again Homes/KEYS Service Members from the AmeriCorps Program - $10,000
- 2011 Watchful Shepherd/Electric Monitoring Device Program - $10,000
- 2010 Washington Women's Shelter/STOP Program - $10,000
Mother's Fund Fiscal Sponsor: