Burgettstown Area Community Development Corp
‘To improve the quality of life by preserving, planning and promoting the community and economic development within the Burgettstown area.’
Programs and Services
- Blue Devil Boost Bags - BACDC has partnered with Burgettstown Area School District to identify and provide non perishable food on the weekends for school aged children. All bags are packed by the BASD life skills class and distributed discreetly to children in need. Currently, there are over 50 families enrolled in the program, and the hope is to enroll more next school year. We will be providing a monthly delivery of food during the summer months to families currently enrolled in the program.
- Annual Backpack Handouts - each year, the BACDC takes requests for a back to school backpack handout. We coordinate with the school district, packing and distributing over 100 backpacks to families identified as needing assistance with purchasing school supplies, setting the students up for a successful school year. Any extra school supplies are donated to the school for teachers to use for their classrooms.
- As Needed Community Support - Occasionally, the BACDC learns of a community member that needs assistance due to unforeseen circumstances. We have helped to pay bills such as: car insurance, utilities, rent and delivered groceries to help individual community members through rough times.
- The Burgettstown Area Community Development Corporation organizes the Annual Homecoming Festivities which include The Annual Homecoming Parade and student Homecoming Dance. This year Homecoming is scheduled for October 15th with the theme "Oh the Places You'll Go!"
- The Burgettstown Area Community Development Corporation is currently transforming a portion of the former G.C. Murphy building into the Burgettstown Trail Inn. The space will include a Welcome Center for the Panhandle Trail, Snack Bar, and rooms for overnight stay. The Burgettstown Area Community Development Corporation is also developing a Bicycle Storage Facility to accommodate visitors to the Panhandle Trail.
Primary Revenue Sources
Primary Fundraising Event
|Federal Tax ID||74-3160393|
|Address:||P.O. Box 331|
Burgettstown, PA 15021
This website contains an organizational snapshot, as well as links and contact information, for each of our participating charities. We have also included the tax identification number for each charity so Donors wishing to review more detailed financial and governance information may access the Form 990 for that charity via irs.gov.