Girl Scouts Western Pennsylvania
As the preeminent leadership experience for girls in grades K-12, Girl Scouting builds girls of courage, confidence, and character, who make the world a better place.
Programs and Services
- Our Program - At Girl Scouts, your girl will prepare for a lifetime of leadership, success, and adventure in a safe, no-limits place designed for and by girls!How? Through the Girl Scout Leadership Experience-a collection of engaging, challenging, and fun activities like earning badges, going on awesome trips, selling cookies, exploring science, getting outdoors, and doing community service projects.
- At Girl Scouts, she'll get to lead her own adventure (it's her world!) and team up with other girls in an all-girl environment to choose the exciting, hands-on activities that interest her most. Along the way, she'll gain important skills in four areas that form the foundation of the Girl Scout Leadership Experience:Science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM)OutdoorsLife SkillsEntrepreneurship
- The Result? A Lifetime of Leadership!In fact, being a Girl Scout helps girls thrive in five key ways. As a Girl Scout, she:• Develops a strong sense of self• Displays positive values• Seeks challenges and learns from setbacks• Forms and maintains healthy relationships• Learns to identify and solve problems in her community
- Highest AwardsEvery Girl Scout goes above and beyond to make a difference in her community and the greater world. The skills and experiences she gains along the way set her up for special recognition through the Gold, Silver, and Bronze Awards.All three awards give girls the chance to do big things while supporting issues they care about.
- A Girl Scout is a G.I.R.L. (Go-getter, Innovator, Risk-taker, Leader)-and camp is a perfect place for her to shine!Outdoor adventures have been a central part of Girl Scouts since the organization was founded in 1912. Whether she camps with her troop or by herself, girls gain valuable experience at camp that helps her courage bloom and her confidence soar. She learns to meet challenges head on, because she's surrounded by friends, volunteers and staff who support her, no matter what.
Primary Revenue Sources
Product program, public support, program service fees
Primary Fundraising Event
Pittsburgh Awards of Distinction
|Federal Tax ID||25-1126094|
|Title:||Manager, Corporate & Major Gifts|
|Address:||503 Martindale St., Suite 500|
Pittsburgh, PA 15212
This website contains an organizational snapshot, as well as links and contact information, for each of our participating charities. We have also included the tax identification number for each charity so Donors wishing to review more detailed financial and governance information may access the Form 990 for that charity via www.charitynavigator.org.