Peters Creek Historical Society
The goals of the Peters Creek Historical Society are to discover, preserve, and commemorate local history for future generations to learn about and enjoy.
Programs and Services
- We have a program for fifth graders studying colonial history. We take props to the school and discuss how the people in this area lived during these years.
- We maintain the historic 212-year-old Wright House located on Venetia Road, Venetia, Pennsylvania, and an historic authentic 1,700-log cabin located on the property behind the Wright House.
- We give tours of the Wright House to the public. We have many different groups that also tour such as Scouts, teachers, and other organizations.
- We have a Soup n Stroll at Christmas that is open to the public. We decorate the house in a colonial theme, play music, and serve homemade soup.
- We have monthly meetings featuring different speakers on historic topics. The public is invited.
Primary Revenue Sources
Primary Fundraising Event
Soup and Stroll
|Federal Tax ID||25-1778027|
This website contains an organizational snapshot, as well as links and contact information, for each of our participating charities. We have also included the tax identification number for each charity so Donors wishing to review more detailed financial and governance information may access the Form 990 for that charity via www.charitynavigator.org.