The Titanium Titans’ purpose is to inspire the people of this world to become the innovators, leaders, visionaries, and problem-solvers of tomorrow, and to enrich the lives of our community members through FIRST robotics, beginning with the youth of Washington County, Pennsylvania.
Programs and Services
- The Titanium Titans are a community-based, student-led workforce development and STEM program focused on inspiring the next generation of STEM students in southwestern Pennsylvania. Our program focuses on developing not only technical skills, but also “soft” skills that students can use later in life, no matter what career path they choose. The Titans currently consist of 24 students and 13 mentors. Every year, we host at least three different FLL-related camps for grades K-8 that are open to the community. The Titans taught them how to build and program an EV3 robot. We developed “sumo bots”, a battle bots-style competition that teaches vital stem skills while keeping younger students engaged.
- The Titans have a reputation of engaging students within our local community through STEM outreach. In the summer of 2022, the Titans outreach events included:
- Kickstarting a FRC Bootcamp known as Mechanical Engineering Pathways Institute (MEPI) at the Boys and Girls Club of Pittsburgh
- Fostering nine STEM camps for K-12 students at the LeMoyne Center of Washington County
- Demonstrating our robot at farmers markets, community days, and middle and high schools
- Sharing our love of STEM by marching in community parades alongside our robot
- Hosting Lego Robotic workshops for K-12 at our robotics outreach center
Primary Revenue Sources
Sponsorships, Dues, Donations, Grants, Annual Fundraiser, and Workshop Fees
Primary Fundraising Event
|Federal Tax ID||47-5534497|
This website contains an organizational snapshot, as well as links and contact information, for each of our participating charities. We have also included the tax identification number for each charity so Donors wishing to review more detailed financial and governance information may access the Form 990 for that charity via irs.gov.