Our mission is to unite people, resources and organizations to improve lives in Washington County. The United Way of Washington County envisions a community where everyone achieves their human potential through education, financial stability and healthy lives.
Programs and Services
- Community Impact Fund - The overall goal of the Community Impact Fund is to build community trust and confidence in a human services system that is collaborative and responsive. We offer support for programs focused on health and human service needs for the people of Washington County, with particular interest in the three areas of education, financial stability, and health. Each program is evaluated by a panel of community volunteers on its efficiency of operation, financial accountability, and most importantly, its impact within the community. This upcoming grant cycle will have specific focus including addressing veterans’ needs and food insecurity in Washington County.
- 211 - Our 211 Helpline is a vital service of PA 211 Southwest provided to residents of Washington County. PA 211 Southwest is part of the national 211 Call Centers initiative that seeks to provide an easy-to-remember telephone number, chat, text[PAH1] , and a web resource for finding health and human services– for everyday needs and in crisis situations. Help is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week by calling 211 or texting your zip code to 898-211. With one phone number, callers gain free, confidential access to thousands of programs and services that can help improve the quality of their lives.
- MyFreeTaxes - MyFreeTaxes, brought to community members by United Way Worldwide, is a free service that helps people file their federal and state taxes and is available across the nation. United Way provides MyFreeTaxes in partnership with the IRS’s Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program to help filers prepare their tax returns on their own or have their returns prepared for them for free. For more information visit www.myfreetaxes.com.
- Nonprofit Job Board – Our Nonprofit Job Board is a feature on our website that includes listings of job opportunities, board member positions and internships at various nonprofits in and around Washington County.
- SingleCare – SingleCare is a free prescription savings service and discount card that can save you up to 80% on medications at most major pharmacies. SingleCare is always free to use and works whether you have insurance or not, because we believe everyone should have access to the lowest prices available for their medications.
- Volunteer Connection – Volunteer Connection is Washington County's community resource to connect local nonprofits with volunteers. To list volunteer opportunities as a nonprofit or to respond as a volunteer, visit www.volunteerwashco.org .
Primary Revenue Sources
Workplace Giving Campaign and Individual Donors
Primary Fundraising Event
Campaign Kickoff Golf Outing
|Federal Tax ID
|P. Ann Hrabik
70 East Beau Street, Suite 400
Washington, PA 15301
This website contains an organizational snapshot, as well as links and contact information, for each of our participating charities. We have also included the tax identification number for each charity so Donors wishing to review more detailed financial and governance information may access the Form 990 for that charity via irs.gov.