Washington County Gay Straight Alliance
Washington County Gay Straight Alliance, Inc. is dedicated to affirming acceptance between diverse groups of people, raising awareness in our community of the needs of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Transsexual, Questioning, Queer, Asexual, and Allied (LGBTQA) people through support, education, and community outreach on the issues of diversity. WCGSA, Inc. provides a safe, confidential environment for individuals of Washington County and the surrounding areas regardless of sex, race, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, or sexual orientation.
Programs and Services
- Provides an adult w/clearances facilitated peer group for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Transsexual, Questioning, Queer, Asexual, and Allied (LGBTQA) youth aged 13-20 since 2005.
- Provides access to Wellness Resources for the LGBTQA community. Partners with agencies that provide professional medical and psychological expertise since 2005. Our Health Committee has created My Health Matters, Too: Transgender Health for the Emergency Responder Training with CE credits which has been utilized by the Allegheny Health Network and City of Pittsburgh Paramedics. We host a weekly LGBT-friendly NA Recovery Meeting.
- Provides Education/Advocacy for the LGBTQA community by sponsoring and/or partnering with inclusive organizations to promote education, understanding, and acceptance of the LGBTQA people in SW PA. Examples: Created the Name Change Referral Initiative with the Washington County Gar Association; partnering with SPHS STTARS program on same-sex Domestic Violence awareness.
- The WCGSA,Inc. addresses the isolation felt by the LGBTQA community by developing and/or promoting Social Opportunities that are inclusive to a wide range of ages and interest groups to promote social and emotional health and acceptance to include sponsoring concerts, 2nd Friday Nights monthly potlucks, Trans Peer Groups, Seniors Group, Drag Queen Bingo, and other inclusive social gatherings.
- Created and hosted a Transgender Day of Remembrance Candlelight Walk held yearly since 2013. This is a national Memorial day to raise awareness of violence against the Transgender Community. We are planning a World AIDS Day event also in 2020. Due to the COVID-19 situation we had to postpone our inaugural Washington PA Pride Festival to 2021.
Primary Revenue Sources
Donations, Patrons, Sponsors, Ticket Sales, Raffles
Primary Fundraising Event
Drag Queen Bingos
|Federal Tax ID||46-0951929|
|Name:||Kathleen M. Cameron|
|Address:||59 E. Strawberry Ave.|
Washington, PA 15301
This website contains an organizational snapshot, as well as links and contact information, for each of our participating charities. We have also included the tax identification number for each charity so Donors wishing to review more detailed financial and governance information may access the Form 990 for that charity via www.charitynavigator.org.