Washington County Gay Straight Alliance
Washington County Gay Straight Alliance, Inc. is dedicated to affirming acceptance between diverse groups of people, raising awareness in our community of the needs of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Transsexual, Questioning, Queer, Asexual, and Allied (LGBTQA) people through support, education, and community outreach on the issues of diversity. WCGSA, Inc. provides a safe, confidential environment for individuals of Washington County and the surrounding areas regardless of sex, race, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, or sexual orientation.
Programs and Services
- Provides access to Wellness Resources for the LGBTQA+ community. Partners with agencies that provide professional medical and psychological expertise since 2005. We were again a host center for distribution of the PA LGBTQ Health Needs Assessment for 2022.
- Our Health Committee has created My Health Matters, Too: Transgender Health for the Emergency Responder Training which has been presented in Washington, Allegheny, Somerset, and Warren Counties including two trainings in 2022.
- Provides Education/Advocacy for the LGBTQA community by sponsoring and/or partnering with inclusive organizations to promote education, understanding, and acceptance of the LGBTQA people in SW PA. Examples: Grant application collaboration with Domestic Violence Services of SW PA; Bradbury-Sullivan LGBT Community Center Pennie program/health insurance marketplace; Hugh Lane Foundation collaboration on youth programming.
- The WCGSA, Inc. addresses the isolation felt by the LGBTQA community in a more rural area by developing and or promoting Social Opportunities that are inclusive to a wide range of ages and interest groups. These promote social and emotional health and acceptance to include sponsoring a monthly 2nd Friday Nights catered dinner, Trans Peer Group meetings, Strawberry Preserves Senior group, Youth Sexuality and Gender Alliance (SAGA), monthly Smart Recovery group.
- We host other events and gatherings throughout the year for all ages of our community. We are holding our inaugural Washington PA PRIDE event on June 11, 2022. It will be an all-day festival to celebrate the community in a safe, fun environment. We have gotten positivity and support from the greater Washington County community to enable us to put on this festival and we welcome the opportunity to introduce many to the Washington County Gay Straight Alliance, Inc. and our allies.
Primary Revenue Sources
Donations, Patrons, Sponsors, Ticket Sales, Raffles
Primary Fundraising Event
Drag Queen Bingos and Washington PA PRIDE 6/11/22
|Federal Tax ID||46-0951929|
|Name:||Kathleen M. Cameron|
|Title:|| Board Chair|
|Address:||59 E. Strawberry Ave.|
Washington, PA 15301
This website contains an organizational snapshot, as well as links and contact information, for each of our participating charities. We have also included the tax identification number for each charity so Donors wishing to review more detailed financial and governance information may access the Form 990 for that charity via irs.gov.