Washington County Watershed Alliance
Protection and conservation of natural resources
Programs and Services
- Water Quality: The WCWA (Washington County Watershed Alliance) continues to monitor water quality throughout the county. Working with the volunteers of the Watershed Associations and within its own membership to learn more about the stream health in Washington County. Funds help us to purchase new equipment and maintain our current items.
- Education: The WCWA provides educational programming to local schools, community groups and the general public. Program topics include water & the water cycle, stream monitoring, macroinvertebrates (stream critters), plankton, and riparian buffer workshops. Our goal is to expand our program capacity and topic list.
- Stream Clean ups: The WCWA and its Watershed Associations hold stream and roadside cleanups every year; helping to reduce the trash that enters our waterways. We work with local Universities and businesses to gather volunteers and coordinate events. Looking to volunteer – contact us for opportunities!
- Tree Planting: The WCWA partners with the Keystone 10 Million Trees Program to provide free tree seedlings to be planted in Washington County. Funds help us provide tools and tree tubes to ensure better survival of the trees planted.
- Watershed Support: The Watershed Alliance serves as a financial umbrella organization assisting with grant and financial management for individual Watershed Associations. These Watershed Associations include Buffalo Creek Watershed Association (BCWA), Upper Chartiers Creek Watershed Association (UCCWA), Cross Creek Watershed Association (CCWA), Ten Mile Creek Watershed Association (TMCWA), and the Upper Wheeling Creek Watershed Association (UWCWA).
Primary Revenue Sources
Grants and donations
Primary Fundraising Event
WCCF Day of Giving
|Federal Tax ID||25-1815293|
This website contains an organizational snapshot, as well as links and contact information, for each of our participating charities. We have also included the tax identification number for each charity so Donors wishing to review more detailed financial and governance information may access the Form 990 for that charity via irs.gov.