- Application Due: February 29
- Grant Portal Opens: February 1
Requests should be limited to $5,000.
Any exempt nonprofit organization providing services in Washington County.
Expansion of an existing program, creation of a new program, or other project benefiting the African American community in Washington County in one or more of the following areas: culture, community development, education and enrichment, history and preservation, and entrepreneurship.
Examples of prospective grants include but are not limited to:
- activities that celebrate African American Cultural Heritage such as Juneteenth events, festivals, programs, speakers, ethnic foods, performing arts, other formalized gatherings that serve to promote a sense of community and inclusion;
- activities that support African American Education and Enrichment, such as STEM/STEAM camps, music camps, art camps, curriculum development, field trips, or supply and equipment needs;
- activities that support African American Community Development, such as building construction or rehabilitation, playgrounds, community gardens, or to meet a match requirement for other funding sources;
- activities that support African American History and Preservation, such as historical or genealogical research, preservation of churches, cemeteries, and other sites important to the community including recognized locations of the Underground Railroad;
- activities that support African American Entrepreneurship, such as awarding prize money for African American cohorts of business incubators, or supporting dues of professional or service organizations for African Americans.